Table Of Content
Stainless steel 304 Fasteners is one of the most commonly used stainless because it is economically convenient. It is also well known for its special features like corrosion resistance and is also anti-oxidizing steel. Therefore, it makes the users use it more efficiently as compared to other steels grades. There are different elements used in the formation of SS 304. They are given below:
SS 304 is widely used in different fields because of its economic efficiency and its qualities of anti-corrosion and resistance to various corrodents. The chromium present in it aids in the self-healing of the steel, which makes it the users to work effectively.
Features of SS 304 Fasteners:
• These fasteners are containing the ability to resist atmospheric corrosion.
• It also has the quality of resisting in moderately oxidizing and reducing environments.
• SS 304 makes it durable with increasing to long service life. Thus it reduces the chance of changing or replacing it at short intervals.
• It is also known for its hardness and toughness, and strength even at higher temperatures.
• Another feature is that it can withstand heat and precipitation.
• SS 304 Fasteners has excellent machinability. It can be further increased by standard procedures conducted on them.
• The welding performance of these fasteners is commendable. It can be used with filler as well as without fillers according to application need.
• It is resistant to many chemical corrodents, which makes it easy to use in different solutions too.
• Furthermore, it has met all the criteria that make it safe to use in the food and dairy industry.
The steel grade SS 304 can be moulded into different forms with excellent formability. Fastener components are formed easily in the forms like screws, nuts, bolts, anchors, rivets, etc. These different forms of SS 304 fasteners are used in various areas in connecting components or parts of the system as well as equipments.
Uses of SS 304 Fasteners:
It is also used in construction and architectural applications because of its efficiency. Furthermore, it is used in the production equipments of the brewery, food and dairy industry. Pharmaceutical companies also prefer it for the making of various medical equipments.
|Standard||ASTM F593, F594, F1554 / ASME SF593, F594, F1554|
|Bolt / Screw Size||M3 – M56 | 3/6″ to 2″ | Custom Sizes|
|Nuts Size||M3 – M56 | 3/6″ to 2″ | Custom Sizes|
|Washers Size||M3 – M56 | 3/6″ to 2″ | Custom Sizes|
|Machine Screws Size||M1.6 – M12|
|Self Tapping Screw Size||No.2 – No. 14|
|Length||3 mm to 200 mm|
|Studs, Bolts, Threads||UNF, BSW, BSF, METRIC, UNC, or as required|
|Threads Configuration||ASME B1.1 2A/3A – 2B/3B Inch Unified Threads and B1.13M 6h-6G Metric Coarse Threads|
|Certification||Dual Certified As per ASTM & ASME Codes|
|Dimensions||DIN 931, 933, 934, 7991, 976, 125, ASME B18.2.1, B18.3|
|Threads||Unless otherwise specified, the threads shall be rolled or cut and tapped horizontally or vertically|
|Test Certificate of Bolting||as per EN 10204 / 3.1 Manufacturer Test Certificate|
|SS 304||1.4301||S30400||SUS 304||304S31||08Х18Н10||Z7CN18-09||X5CrNi18-10|
|SS 304||0.08 max||2 max||0.75 max||0.045 max||0.030 max||18 – 20||8 – 11|
|Grade||Density||Melting Point||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength (0.2%Offset)||Elongation|
|SS 304||8.0 g/cm3||1400 °C (2550 °F)||Psi – 75000 , MPa – 515||Psi – 30000 , MPa – 205||35 %|